I (among those around me) have come to the realization that I am having a quarterlife crisis. I tell you this as I'm still lounging in bed at 10:30am. In my defense, I have a regular bedtime of 3:00am. But this is partially my point. I feel so lazy these days. Maybe it's just the holidays, but I don't think so. Everyone else is back in the swing of things and I'm still taking time off work. It's to the point where I feel completely obligated to have atleast 4 days off per week. Now, granted my situation with my kind of job, this is not a bad thing necessarily. But I actually need the money right now. I guess I'm sick of the responsibility already. I'm not against responsibility, I just want different responsibilites. I want my own place to take care of, and I want a different, more stable job. I want a boyfriend I can see more than once a month (sorry, Ivan, I love you) so my relationship will feel more real. I want to freakin finish college! I don't think that's happening anytime soon though.
I am definitely in a rut. I think this is better than a midlife crisis though. I'm not buying unusually colored sports vehicles, dyeing my hair to cover the grays, and throwing myself off of bridges for fun (not yet, atleast). I just feel so unsettled these days, like I really need something to focus on. But apparently school and work aren't good enough. Am I just being a big baby? Half the time I just want to tell myself, "Suck it up and put your big girl panties on!" But, in our new generation of young adults, should we be intitled to a quarterlife crisis?


Raychel Signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you need money so bad then why aren't you working?

Perksofbeingme said...

I wish I could make it all better. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

p.s. Why don't I get any cool word verifications? Mine says "efuli." :(

Raychel Celeste said...

To Anonymous:
If you paid attention you'd see I said my job isn't stable. I'm on a flex worker, so I get very little hours anyway. Because of school, they've hired someone to take over my shifts and have cut my hours way back. I get only a few days a week and I get to choose when they are.

P.S. If you're gonna ask stupid questions, atleast say who you are. Thanks.

Perksofbeingme said...

Anonymous:

Feel better about yourself now? That is all

p.s. Heck yes! I finally got a semi cool word verification- "cold cro." Ok, so maybe not cool, but it's better than "efuli."