During the Storm

Posted by Raychel Celeste


I'm writing this offline and it will be posted as soon as the power is back on.
I was on the way home from work around 10 o'clock. When I pulled off the interstate onto Percival Road, I realized it was pitch black outside. Not a single business or house in sight has power. Street lights are out too, so traffic is crazy. It is very eerie. All I can hear, other than the clacking of my fingers on the keyboard, is rain and the occasional distant siren. I assume most people aren't too bothered by the power outage at this time of night. Most people haven't even realized it yet because they are asleep. I, on the other hand, have no intention of going to bed soon. Even if I wanted to go to sleep now, I couldn't. I cannot sleep in silence. I can barely be awake in silence. My computer has about two hours of battery left. I'm praying the power will be back on before my computer dies, but I'm guessing that's just wishful thinking. Ah, it is so quiet when I stop typing. Every little noise is freaking me out. Wait! I have music on my computer. Okay, now listening to my Broadway Musical playlist. I am happy. My dog keeps letting out heavy sighs at the foot of the bed. I'm going to assume it's because she's hot and bored. I will not take it as a reflection on my taste in music.


Raychel Signature

0 comments: